Southwest Airlines Benefits Overview
Loss of License Insurance
Harvey Watt & Co. (“Harvey Watt”) administrator the Southwest Airlines Co. Loss of License Plan (the “LOL Plan”) on behalf of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Southwest”). The LOL Plan provides you with compensation in the event you lose your License due to your Temporary Total Incapacity. If you become incapacitated due to accidental bodily injury, sickness or disease that prevents you from continuing your duties of your occupation as a pilot or flight engineer, and results in an actual loss of license, or in a determination by the Harvey Watt that you would lose your license if an examination were taken as the plan administrator, and upon notification by SWA of that your are an eligible participant in the plan we provide the following services:
- Review applications for completeness and correspond with you as needed
- Correspond with attending physicians concerning medical issues
- Perform a high level claim review, and provide SWA with recommendations concerning claims payments, appeals, denials and related matters
- Monitor claims activity (as appropriate) and conduct any necessary investigation into the status of the claims process
- Provides proactive medical guidance during disability
- Communicate with Federal Aviation (FAA) as needed
- Communicate with Airlines Benefits and Operations departments as needed Communicate with Federal Aviation (FAA) as needed
- Assist you with filing for Social Security benefits, monitor he process and communicate with the Airline regarding the same.
- Act as advisor and representative in your re-certification process with the FAA
For answers to frequently asked questions and assistance with the Loss of License claim process, please contact Brenda Simmons, Claims Consultant, at 800-241-6103 Ext 234.
Aviation Medical Bulletin
As a SWA pilot, the Aviation Medical Bulletin is provided to you at no charge thanks to your employer. Published since 1969, this well-known monthly health newsletter is filled with up-to-date, helpful health and medical information. While particularly relevant to those whose occupation is dependent upon their health, it is also read by many others to whom good health is important. Contact Harvey Watt to subscribe to the monthly Bulletin.